Wednesday, February 9, 2011

So I did end up making that soup....Sebzeli Sulu Kofte


So I really did end up making that soup last week.  I kinda took my dear sweet time to post this up though, but at least I can say I made my quota hehe. It seems like my posts are kinda stretching thin these days though.  My goal is that I want to post at least two posts per week, one in the beginning of the week and one at the end, and if I get more in between that then even better!

Ok, so onward to the soup. Last year my mom and I took a tour package of Turkey and I have to say, I was most inspired.  I really enjoyed the food there and this soup is something that I had on several occasions :) It's called "Sebzeli Sulu Kofte"  which is Meatballs and Vegetables in tomato sauce.  It's not really a soup, it's more of a stewish soup, I guess it really varies where you go to get it hehe.  I had made this once before and this time around I stuck a bit closer to the original recipe.  Last time I did not add the peas and it was a bit soupier. I also added red pepper paste to the mix to give it a more tomatoy taste to it. The one thing that I still notice is that I need to add more water next time. I'm not really that fond of chunky soups :)










I got the recipe off of this wonderful turkish cooking site called " Binnur's Turkish Cookbook".  I loved the concept of so many of these dishes that I actually got her book for Christmas! :) Since I'm not allowed to post the recipe here for the dish I'll link it here :  Sebzeli Sulu Kofte recipe.

Enjoy~~!!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Thanks for sharing your experiences here on your blog.

Post a Comment